"Ignite" Devonport-Takapuna Kāhui Ako Conference another Success
Takapuna Grammar School recently hosted the second Community of Learning conference for 260 teachers and staff from our seven schools on the peninsular. Te Poho Hall and the beautiful new classrooms located in the northern wing of the Main Block was the venue and we had 260 teachers and staff from our seven schools attending. Our keynote speaker was Mr Welby Ings who spoke about creativity and the future of education.
Our conference theme was 'IGNITE" and the objectives of the day were to:
- Share effective educational practice including practical examples of what this will look like for positive student outcomes.
- Apply their new learnings into their educational practice.
- Feel connected to the CoL, the people within it, the CoL framework and the achievement challenges
Our Within School Teachers, and other Kāhui Ako members, presented 21 workshops centered around the key areas of our Community of Learning (Kahui Ako) framework;
- Building Learning Focused Relationships
- Growing Leaders
- Quality Teaching and Learning
Overall it was a fantastic day of resource sharing and networking to assist in the continual growth and professional development of our local teachers. Thank you to everyone who attended and we look forward to having you all back again in 2020!
To view more photo's from the conference, click here.