Shakespeare's 'Use of Weapons' Performing Arts Production Delivers Killer Blow!
Takapuna Grammar's recent production Shakespeare's Use of Weapons was a huge success. Both evening shows attracted full audiences who enjoyed watching our young thespians deliver a quirky, and frequently comical, take on Shakepeare's nastier characters and plot lines. The music throughout the show was fantastic too - several of our students performed songs they had written especially for the production. Well done to the full cast and crew - after all the disruptions of the last few years, it really was a show to be proud of.
To view more photo's from the evenings, please click here.
Our talented Performing Arts students will have plenty of other exciting opportunities to showcase their talents this year - please come support us if you can!
- Cabaret Evening - 31 May - Drama Room, Takapuna Grammar School
- National Dance Challenge (NDC) - 1 June - Westlake Girls High School
- Choir Concert - 18 June - St Peter's Anglican Church, Takapuna
- Big Sing Regionals - 21 June - Auckland Town Hall
- Auckland Lights Festival (dance performance) - 27 -30 July - Hurstmere Road, Takapuna
- KBB Festival - 7-12 August - Holy Trinity Cathedral, Parnell
- Candenza - 14-15 August - Rotorua
- DanceNZ Made Regionals - 21-22 August - The Trusts Arena, Henderson
- Dance and Fashion Evening "7" - 23 August - Bruce Mason Centre, Takapuna
- Big Sing Finale - 25-29 August - Auckland Town Hall
- DanceNZ Made National Finals - 9-10 September - Palmerston North
- Senior Treble Festival - 26 October - Westlake Girls High School
To learn more about whats happening in the Performing Arts Department this year, follow our dedicated Facebook page here.