Welcome to the Takapuna Grammar School Homestay page
We are excited that you are interested in becoming a host family for international students. As a host family, you will have the opportunity to open your home to students from all over the world and provide them with a warm and welcoming environment.
Why host International Students?
- Share your culture and customs with students from different parts of the world
- Learn about different culture and traditions
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and their families
- Enhance your language skills by conversing with students
- Earn extra income
Requirements to become a Homestay Caregiver
- A safe and comfortable home with a private bedroom for the student
- A welcoming and friendly personality
- Provide meals for the student
- Clear background check
- Good communication skills
How to become a Homestay Caregiver
To become a Homestay Caregiver please contact Accomodation Manager - Carla Hemopo at [email protected]
Carla can answer any questions and provide you with an online application form.
After submitting the application form, Carla will conduct a home visit and provide you Police Vetting Form for background checks. When background checks are completed and Homestay Agreement will be provided for signature and students will be assigned for your care.
Tips for a being a successful Homestay Caregiver
- Communicate clearly with the student before arrival to establish expectations
- Be respectful of the students culture and customs
- Share meals and engage in activities with the student
- Be open minded and flexible
As a Homestay Caregiver, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on a student’s life and help them have a memorable and enriching experience. We hope this information helps you in deciding to become a Homestay Caregiver.
Thank you for this rewarding opportunity.
What do our International Students think about Takapuna Grammar School?
For more information about becoming a Homestay Caregiver, click on the links on the right hand side of this page>