Takapuna Grammar School (TGS) welcomes the Government’s announcement to reopen New Zealand’s borders. This is a positive step for international education.
Our immediate focus now is on making best possible use of key steps in the government’s five-step plan to progressively reopen the borders:
- Fourth cohort of up to 5,000 international students - 1000 high school students as a border exception (step 3), with visa processing from mid-April in time for students to start their studies here in July. Agents and students wanting to be considered for this cohort contact: [email protected]
- Up to 3 months for visitors to come from visa-waiver countries (step 4) by July- One term only students contact: [email protected]
- Visa applications open for all international students by October, in time for students to arrive at the start of the 2023 year. Students from around the world wanting to come to TGS next year apply now. Contact: [email protected] for more information or check the link for more apply now information https://takapuna.school.nz/international/applynow/
We look forward to reconnecting with all our international students soon. Check out this short video on what a fantastic location TGS is to come and learn!
Nga mihi koutou, kind regards to you all,
Director of International Students
Takapuna Grammar School
Takapuna Grammar School welcomes applications from students at all levels to become international students. At present there are students from throughout the world studying at the school. They come for a first class education and also to take advantage of the other sporting and cultural opportunities that Takapuna Grammar School offers.
The school has:
- A long tradition of first class academic results
- A superb geographical setting and grounds
- Excellent facilities for sports and cultural pursuits
- Easy access to downtown Auckland City
- Quality homestays in an area of Auckland known for its safe environment
- An international department which provides a full range of pastoral support
Whanau means Family...
Living and studying in New Zealand
Your guide for living in New Zealand; here are some helpful tips: https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/living-in-nz
Host Families Required
Are you interested in hosting one of our International Students? We have students both long-term and short-term requiring kind, caring host families. For further information please contact [email protected] or telephone +64 9 489 4167 extension 9226.