The Online Enrolment form is used for both in zone and out of zone applications.
Takapuna Grammar School has an enrolment scheme that determines who can enrol at the school. Students may apply for entry under two categories:
In Zone - Automatic Entry
Students who live within the Takapuna Grammar School zone may enrol at the school as of right, provided they:
- have entitlement to a state education (see 'Online Enrolment Form' for documents required)
- live in the zone with a parent or court appointed legal guardian (see 'Online Enrolment Form' for acceptable forms of evidence)
- have not been excluded from another school
- a land rates invoice or sale and purchase agreement or if renting the rental agreement (with a minimum one year tenancy) and Tenancy Services bond receipt
- a broadband or power utility bill
- a birth certificate/passport and/or relevant visa
- last school report
Once the school is satisfied that the enrolment criteria have been met, the student and parent/caregiver will be invited to attend an enrolment interview with senior management.
It is not possible to begin the enrolment process until a student is living in zone with a parent or court appointed legal guardian.
Out of Zone - Selective Ballot Entry
Students living outside the zone can apply under the Out of Zone Selective Ballot Entry process. A ballot is held annually to determine which of these students can be given the right to enrol for the following year.
Out of Zone Ballot Now Closed
Out of Zone Ballot for attendance in 2023
Out of Zone applications open on 1 July. At the time of application, a copy of the following documentation must be supplied:
- last school report (this can be provided before the ballot closes if not available now)
- birth certificate/passport and/or relevant visa
Friday 1 July 2022 - Applications Open
Wednesday 7 September 2022 - Applications Close at 4.00pm
Wednesday 14 September 2022 - Ballot Held
Under the Ministry of Education guidelines priority is given to:
Priority 1 – sibling currently enrolled
Priority 2 – sibling of a former student
Priority 3 – son/daughter of former student
Priority 4 – son/daughter of a Board employee
Priority 5 - all other applicants
The ballot is supervised by a Justice of the Peace. All applications are placed into their respective year groups for available placement in the next years intake. Once the ballot has been held you will be notified via email within two days.
We are unable to accept late applications.
Enrolment enquiries should be directed to the Enrolment Administrator on +64 (0)9 489 4167 ext 9221 or by email to [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you soon.