OPEN EVENING 2023
Our Open Evening will be held on Thursday 20 July. There will be two sessions at 4.00pm and 5.30pm. You are warmly invited to attend either session, no RSVP is required.
Applications for Year 9 students in 2024 will be open from Saturday 1 July 2023.
Takapuna Grammar School has an enrolment scheme that determines who can enrol at the school. Students may apply for entry under two categories. The Online Enrolment Form is used for both in zone and out of zone applications.
In Zone - Automatic Entry
Students who live within the Takapuna Grammar School zone may enrol at the school as of right, provided they:
- have entitlement to a state education (see 'Online Enrolment Form' for documents required)
- live in the zone with a parent or court appointed legal guardian (see 'Online Enrolment Form' for acceptable forms of evidence)
- have not been excluded from another school
- a land rates invoice or sale and purchase agreement or if renting the rental agreement (with a minimum one year tenancy) and a Tenancy Services bond receipt
- a broadband or power utility bill
- a birth certificate/passport and/or relevant visa
- last school report
We do not accept house share living arrangements with friends, family or landlords. Once the school is satisfied that the enrolment criteria have been met, the student and parent/caregiver will be invited to attend an enrolment interview with senior management.
It is not possible to begin the enrolment process until the student is living in zone.
Out of Zone - Selective Ballot Entry
Students living outside the school zone can apply under the Out of Zone Selective Ballot Entry process. The ballot is held annually to determine which of these students can be given the right to enrol for the following year.
Out of Zone Ballot for Attendance in 2024
Out of Zone applications open on Saturday 1 July. At the time of application, a copy of the following documentation must be supplied:
- birth certificate/passport and/or relevant visa
- last school report (this can be provided before the ballot closes if not available now)
Saturday 1 July 2023 - Applications Open
Wednesday 30 August 2023 - Applications Close at 4.00pm
Wednesday 6 September 2023 - Ballot Drawn
Under the Ministry of Education guidelines priority is given to:
Priority 1 – sibling currently enrolled
Priority 2 – sibling of a former student
Priority 3 – son/daughter of former student
Priority 4 – son/daughter of a Board employee
Priority 5 - all other applicants
The ballot is supervised by a Justice of the Peace. All applications are placed into their respective year groups for available placement in the next years intake. Once the ballot has taken place you will be notified via email within two days.
We are unable to accept late ballot applications.
Enrolment enquiries should be directed to the Enrolment Manager on 489 4167 ext 9221 or by email to [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you soon.