Enrolment enquiries should be directed to the Enrolment Administrator at email@example.com or on +64 9 489 4167 ext 9221.
Takapuna Grammar School has an enrolment scheme that determines who can enrol at the school. Students may apply for entry under two categories:
In Zone - Automatic Entry
Students who live within the Takapuna Grammar School zone may enrol at the school as of right, provided they:
- Have entitlement to a state education (see Enrolment Form checklist for documents required)
- Are living in the zone with a parent or legal guardian (see Enrolment Form checklist for acceptable forms of evidence)
- Have not been excluded from another school
Applicants must first submit ALL application forms and requested documentation, as per the Enrolment Form checklist.
Once the school is satisfied that the enrolment criteria have been met, the student and parent/caregiver will be invited to an enrolment interview with senior management.
Please note it is not possible to begin the enrolment process until a student is living in zone with a parent or legal guardian.
Out of Zone - Selective Entry
Students living outside the zone can apply under the Out of Zone Selective Ballot Entry process. A ballot is held annually to determine which of these students can be given the right to enrol for the following year.
Applications for the 2019 Out of Zone Ballot will be available from Monday 23 July 2018. The closing date for out of zone applications and the date of the Out of Zone Ballot will be published once confirmed by the Ministry of Education.
Effective from 30 September 2002
The guidelines for development and operation of enrolment schemes are issued under section 11G (3) of the Education Act 1989, for the purpose of describing the basis on which the Secretary’s powers in relation to enrolment schemes will be exercised.
All students who live within the home zone described below and shown on the attached map shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
The Devonport Peninsula from King Edward Parade and Jubilee Avenue north to a boundary defined by and including Northcote Road to its intersection with the Northern Motorway, Shea Terrace and the southern shores of Lake Pupuke including Hurstmere Road, Kitchener Road and all side roads up to and including Fenwick Avenue, Otakau Road, Omana Road and Craig Road.
The priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for students who live outside the home zone. The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolments will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students
- Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school
- Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school
- Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with the instructions given by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status will be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.